Saturday, October 4, 2014

This week in obsessions

Going to try something new, a weekly link wrap-up of things that have come across my radar during the week, in an attempt to rejuvenate the blog. It will include things bookish and not-so-bookish. Let me know what you think in the comments.

What I'm Reading This Week: The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell gives his take on the soul's place in the universe. The link will take you to The New Yorker's review. I'm a huge fan of Mitchell but haven't made up my mind on this book. However, he has such an amazing imagination that the book is helping me to push the limits of my own imagination as I work on my next novel.

The iconic house from Gone With the Wind is getting a second life, thanks to a Civil War historian. (via ElleDecor.com)












Are you a design maven and live in the Hudson Valley area in New York? You might want to go to Field + Market next weekend, a modern craft fair.












Fall, my favorite time of year, is coming to this corner of Maryland. Perfect time to make these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, recipe courtesy of my favorite food blog, Smitten Kitchen.














Speaking of fall, next weekend I'll be at Capclave, the annual conference of the Washington Science Fiction Association. The wonderful wonderful Holly Black is one of the guests of honor; Paolo Bacigalupi is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment