Saturday, January 18, 2014

Winners; what happens after the Descent? and upcoming events

Jenn Lawrence, Terry Nebeker, me, Allison Leotta
and Kathy McCleary at the book release event at
One More Page Books, Arlington, Virginia
We're almost at the end, friends. The book has been out for a couple weeks and the hub bub is dying down. Such is life. We have our 15 minutes of fame but now things get back to normal. Let me tidy up a few loose ends:
  • Congratulations to the winners of our giveaway (the complete trilogy in trade paperback and a $50 gift card): Laura, Michaela and Robyn! We had almost 3000 entries, a great turnout. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word.
  • You've read The Descent but you want to know what happens next? At A Dream of Books I give a day-in-the-life for Lanny after the conclusion of The Descent. Massive spoilers!! Read at your own peril.
  • In The Taker books, alchemy crosses over into the magical. Is this an accurate reflection of how alchemy was viewed and practiced, historically? I discuss this at SF Signal.
  • Nice review for The Descent and the series at Bookreporter.com and 20something Reads.
  • I loved this review at akiiKOMORIreading so much that I made this image and will share on Instagram and Pinterest. Do you have a blurb for any of the books? Put them in the comments below and I'll make images and send them out.

I'm not doing too many events for the book release, but if you're in the area I'd love to see you:

  • January 29th, 7 PM: George Mason Public Library in Annandale, Virginia
  • February 12th, 7 PM: Falmouth Historical Society and Museum. I'll be talking about writing historical novels.
  • February 13th, 6 PM: UConn bookstore at the Storrs Center. Discussion, reading and signing.
  • February 15th, 2-3 PM: Ashburn Library, reading and signing.
  • February 20th, 7 PM: Gum Spring Library, Stone Ridge, Virginia. I'm meeting with the library's book club to discuss The Taker, but all are invited.
Details (locations, links) to all these events are available on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment