Thursday, October 24, 2013

From The Descent: Where's the harm in a cuddle?

"I was playing solitaire with a worn, old deck of cards I'd found in a desk drawer, while Adair read, reclining on a bower of pillows on the floor. He broke from his reading to roll onto his back and cock his head in my direction, as though he was about to speak. I don't think he was aware of how very appealing he appeared at that moment, his hair loose and leonine, the first few buttons on his shirt undone to give me a peek at his chest, and his jeans twisted so they were tight across his hips. He'd thrown an arm over his face to shield his eyes against the sun but I could still see the lower half of his face, including his strong mouth, and I recalled how kissable it was. The sight of him was tempting."


1 comment:

  1. That is a delicious excerpt! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete