Friday, September 27, 2013

Take This Survey

Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of The Descent have landed!

I need your feedback: dear readers, I'm gearing up for The Descent release in January and could use your advice. 

I remember reading many years ago that for the release of each new book, Lisa Scottline used to have a canvas tote bag made up with the cover on it and would give one to anyone who bought two or more hardcovers at one of her book events. She developed a cadre of fans who loved collecting the bags. Similarly, for years I used Clinique products because I loved getting the bonus-with purchase specials: the tiny make-up cases with samples. Even though I rarely used the little sample products, I bought Clinique religiously for YEARS because of this.

I always thought it would be fun to do something similar with my books, but I wonder if do readers care about that stuff these days?

Here's what I'm thinking: I'd give away either a mini tote bag imprinted with the full color Descent cover with every two books purchased, or a business-card sized magnet with one of the foreign book covers for every book. To get the presents, readers would have to send me proof of purchase (a photo of a paper receipt, or forward a copy of an electronic receipt). I would pay for postage and handling.

Would you like to let me know what you think?  Click here to take survey There's room in the survey to write in answers. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment