Friday, July 19, 2013

Now's Your Chance

I love my debut novel, The Taker. I poured ten years into writing it. I was extremely proud when it was selected as one of the ten best debut novels of 2011 (a big year for debut novels, from The Night Circus to The Art of Fielding) and again as it racked up 16 foreign rights sales.

That's why I'm so excited that Amazon has chosen it to be part of its Big Deal promotion and lowered the price of the ebook to $2.99. The book has never been on sale--never. I'm hoping that this will encourage those folks who have wanted to read the book but didn't want to pay full price (because, let's face it, we're in a time of incredible flux right now in the book business and why pay full price if you don't have to?) to get a copy. Like every proud momma, I want everyone to get to know my baby and to love it.

If you love big epic supernatural stories like Interview With The Vampire, The Historian, A Discovery of Witches or Outlander (all books that it's been compared to), I hope you will give The Taker a try. And if you have friends who like these books and own a Kindle, I hope you will tell them about The Taker, too.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment