Sunday, January 13, 2013

Procrastinating on a Sunday Afternoon

Sometimes when you have deadlines thundering down on you like the four horsemen of the apocalypse and your vision is still blurry from surgery and writing inspiration is like something unpleasant being fed to you slowly through a hospital drip, it seems perfectly sane to clean out the hall closet in order to make a tidy space to stack up copies of your books and your swag, thinking you'll get it all nice and neat to make it easier to mail things out in the future.

 I actually saw another author not only write about this but display pictures of her swag closet on her blog. Nope, you won't be see any of that here. It's not completely bonkers in this case.

No, it makes a bit of sense considering the books are about to come out in another format--varying paperback editions--over the next few months and that means giveaways, lots of giveaways and promotions. I feel prepared for it now, like a momma bird prepping the nest in anticipation. I did notice, however, that I'm shockingly low of swag and we're about to hit high swag season--RT Booklovers Con in early May and four other big conferences after that--plus launching the fan program The Companion Club. So I am coming to you, dear readers, with the eternal question: what kind of swag makes your heart go pitter-pat? What little freebie do you most like to receive?

6 comments:

  1. Buttons or bracelets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention buttons! I'm planning to give away special buttons to folks who join The Companion Club.

      Delete
  2. I love buttons. And stickers.

    Also I am very excited for The Companion Club :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just ordered a bunch of tiny black buttons for the trilogy. Fingers crossed they turn out okay!

      Delete
  3. Signed bookplates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder to get more--I'm almost out!

      Delete