Saturday, October 20, 2012

Life Abroad: The Taker in Brazil

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know that The Taker is enjoying a spurt of activity internationally. We've got some new foreign editions coming out, but today I'm going to focus on the Brazilian edition, LADRAO DE ALMAS, or Thief of Souls.

How gorgeous is that cover?

My publisher, Novo Conceito, has done a tremendous job launching the book. It's one of the featured new releases on their website. They may this book trailer, which seems to have the special dark, romantic Brazilian fire to it. They asked me to make a special video inviting Brazilian readers to try the book, which you can see here with Portuguese subtitles. And I did a Q&A on their website (this is in Portuguese only, but trust me, it's brilliant).

The book published in Brazil on September 27, but the response so far has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Brazilians love their dark romances. Bloggers have been wonder, getting behind the book. There were over 8,000 entries for one blog's giveaway of a press kit.

It is a pretty nice press kit. A copy of the book comes in its own special box with a bookmark and a cactus. That's right--a tiny cactus in a plastic dome was given away with each press kit. It's so cute.

You don't have to take my word for it. I'm going to give away two press kits soon. Stay tuned for details! Here's what it looks like:


  1. Wow, Alma. I thought the red-feathery cover for The Reckoning was knock-out, but I like the blue Brazilian version of The Taker a lot, too. You definitely have some fab covers! Congratulations on another release!

    Tracy :)

  2. Electronic Press Kit is A web-based all-in-one publicity software which allow’s businesses, organization’s, authur and musicians to create and email their publicity campaigns with ease, 24/7, in ONE being with Electronic Press Kit.....

  3. I have been using electronic press release for my Tupperware business, and must say that it has been a God send to have everything streamlined in one place, neatly.  Not to mention being able to email my electronic press release, has saved me a lot of time.

  4. Vinteconto: Gráficos, marketing, publicidade, centenas de serviços profissionais por apenas R$20 em uma plataforma brasileira.
    fiverr brasil