Sunday, August 19, 2012

Upcoming Events

I have some events upcoming and I thought I'd post them here in lieu of writing something substantive and interesting (sorry! I've been working hammer and tong on one book after another and that seems to leave me unfit for writing blog posts at the end of the day):

Killer Nashville (August 23-26) is a writer's conference for mysteries, suspense and thrillers, but any writer would find good advice and networking here. Plus they have a super forensics track every year for writers who need to learn about law enforcement procedures. I'm giving a presentation on the US Intelligence Community for writers as part of the forensics track, and will be moderating a panel of social media.

September 19 I'll be reading at KGB Bar in New York as part of the Fantastic Fiction series. I'm honored to be reading at this long-running salon for writers of horror and fantasy, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel. I'm sharing the stage with Paul Tremblay.

Hampton Roads Writers Conference, September 20-22, has something for everyone: poetry, non-fiction and fiction; traditional and self-published authors; editor and agent appointments. Not expensive and held at Virginia Beach. I'll be leading workshops on upping the ante in your story, and what to expect once you've sold a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment