Monday, July 30, 2012

RWA Nationals: Linkapalooza

Yes, I was at RWA Nationals in Anaheim, California last week but no, as usual, I was not so on top of things that I was able to do daily blogs. (I did live-tweet a few of the sessions I attended, notably Allison Brennan's how-to-write-a-romantic-thriller and Nancy Holder's and Marlene Perez's talk on writing YA series and media tie-ins. Check my twitter feed for the tweets). So I am going to do the next best thing by giving you links to some of the early blog posts about RWA:

RT Bookreviews was at Nationals, and I got the chance to see Morgan and Jo Carol (yay!). RT Magazine wrote up the alternative romance panel (GLBT, erotica and more) and talked with series authors. Check back later in the week because I'd be surprised if they don't have more RWA coverage up their sleeves.

Here is Heroes and Heartbreakers list of RITA nominees and winners.

Denny Bryce, fellow Washington Romance Writers chapter member, found the energy to blog the first few days at RWA for Waterworld Mermaids. She describes the first day, meeting new and old friends at the bar and has a picture of the giant conference bag of books and swag. Day two brings you her report from the BDSM workshop (!) and more. She's also giving away a copy of THE TAKER, which my publisher generously included in the conference goody bag.

I'm sorry I missed seeing Sara Wendell from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books at RWA, but as usual she's done a fabulous job covering not only the conference but the RITA awards as well. Check out her entire coverage at her blog. Her wrap-up of Day One is here, and more thoughts on RWA Nationals at come, I'm sure.

Dear Author interviewed two authors up for RITA Best First Book, in contemporary, Laura Spinelle and Janet Gurtler. If you check out the Dear Author news feed, you'll see other RITA interviews, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment