Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review Round-up for The RECKONING



I'm appalled to find a week has passed since I last blogged. It's due to a confluence of things: two months of touring on the weekends comes to a close today with an appearance at the Gaithersburg Book Festival; promotion for The Reckoning is starting to gear up; and deadline for The Descent, the last book in the trilogy is a month and a half away.


But I wanted to take a moment to let you know that trade reviews and book bloggers are starting to talk about The Reckoning and to my relief, they're all good. I've posted the Publishers Weekly and RT Magazine reviews earlier; Library Journal's just came in:


"Beautiful, mesmerizing... As with every fairy tale, the novel is full of moral questions and dilemmas that beg the characters to do the right thing... Leaves readers anxiously awaiting Katsu’s final volume..."


So far the verdict among book bloggers seems to be that they like it better than The Taker. It's possible that's because these readers are familiar with the characters and enjoyed being pulled deeper into their worlds. Or it might be because The Reckoning is a little more magical and a little less dark than The Taker. (That is, by the way, the trajectory for the series. The third book is a lot more magical and romantic.)


A couple quick notes:


I would love your help is getting the word out about The Reckoning's release June 19! Please tell your friends, your librarian, your local booksellers. Tweet, blog or post a few words on Facebook and you could win a NOOK tablet, perfume from the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, and more goodies. Full details on the contest here. It runs until June 30.


The future of ebook marketing: bundling. Publishers are catching on to the power of bundling works by different authors together, introducing readers to new favorites. And digital is the perfect medium to do this. My publisher, Gallery, is doing this through their digital imprint, Pocket Star. They've just put out their first digital sampler (and guess whose name is on the cover) and you can take a look at it here

1 comment:

  1. I for one cannot wait to read The Reckoning...whenever I get a copy...I'll order from Patrick when its out naturally. I had a great time at Gaithersburg Book Festival; I hope you did too. It was good to see you.

    ReplyDelete