Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Taker named one of best debut novels of 2011

We've had some very good news recently: the American Library Association-Booklist named The TAKER one of the best debut novels of 2011. This is an honor I was not expecting, and am absolutely thrilled for the book to be recognized like this.

It's actually been an eventful week for The TAKER: Down East magazine, the magazine of Maine and one I remember from childhood, mentioned The Taker in its November issue. It's the one with Martha Stewart on the cover. (Trust me, this is the closest Martha Stewart & I will ever be seen together. It won't be for my housekeeping skills, that's for sure.)

Then Tesco, the huge grocery chain in the UK featured The Taker in its biweekly book highlight. Yay! Perfect timing, as the mass market paperback has just come out in the UK.

NYT bestselling novelist & awesome person Caroline Leavitt lets me talk about the gritty and sometimes unromantic but all-true nature of love over at her blog.

I'm in New England next week. I'm on the New Literary Voices panel at the Concord Festival of Authors, and will be reading and signing at Longfellow Books in Portland, ME on October 27th, and Jabberwocky Books in Newburyport, MA on October 28th. If you're in the area, I'd love to see you.


  1. Smart people those librarians! I love your book! I think I need to get the kindle version, because I didn't know that there was a chapter for the next book.

  2. That's fantastic, your book is amazing! Can't wait for The Reckoning. I need it.