Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting Your Dream Come True

UK edition of The TAKER

This is the place for you if you've ever dreamed of getting a book you've written published. That was my dream from when I was a teen-ager. I wrote all the time, filling notebook after notebook. My friends read my pages, wanted to read more. I was hooked. I went to college, wrote all the time, even during class (sorry profs!), wrote a thesis, graduated, wrote for newspapers. Wrote short stories. Had to quit for 15 years for work, for reasons I'll get into one day. Then at age 40, I started writing again. Went to grad school. Went to conferences, workshops. It took me ten years to get the Taker to the stage where it was salable, and during that time I also wrote four other novels (very important.) The Taker sold January 2010 and publishes in the UK on 14 April 2011 and in the US on 6 September 2011. I hope you keep reading this blog; from here on out the story gets really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Alma, I look forward to following your Blog on your publishing experiences. I remember way back--when a bunch of us were in the early Writer's Group and we had the pleasure of critiquing some of your work. What a joy to now see you published! We're all very excited for you. Randy Dunn